Monday, March 16, 2015

Art Journal Page: Green to Red


This is the finished page:



 I tend to use a lot of cool colors in my journal.  Not by design-  my hand is always picking up the same colors, especially blue.  I have to make a conscious effort to use warm colors and that is what this journal  page is about.  This page started out with "painty waste' in green  I added read, orange and yellow acrylic paint randomly on the page.  The faint circles in the background were made by wiping off a stencil that was used on another page:



Next,  I splattered red acrylic ink, spray it with water to make and run and then let the ink drip down the page.



 I stamped a script stamp with black archival ink.  I wiped a portion of the page with gesso and then wiped most of it off.  I thought the page looked okay until I took a photo if it.  One I saw the photo  I realized that the white gesso was too stark, especially on the left.



I added pink neon acrylic paint for bump up the color a bit.


To tone down the look of the gesso, I stamped one of my favorite stamps- the medallion by Hero Arts- with  Ranger archival ink in Sienna.  I also used a bottle cap dipped in walnut ink spray and stamped random circles on the page.  I also rubbed on distress ink though a screen pattern stencil over the script.


To finish the page off,  I added a little shading  around the edges of the page using complementary oil pastel colors.  This  page is now ready for pictures or journaling!





No comments:

Post a Comment