Thursday, March 12, 2015

Awesome Lenovo Technical Support !


 Photo credit: Venturturlst on Flickr. Pictured computer is not a Lenovo


I really wanted to document my art journal process via a blog in 2015 but just after I published my first blog post my computer died.  Fortunately it was still under warranty so after some initial hiccups with customer service via telephone, I was able to send it back to the manufacturer ( Lenovo) for repair.  I just received the newly repaired computer in the mail and I am ready to blog!



I have to give Lenovo major credit for the speed and transparency of their repair process.  I half expected that Lenovo would invent a reason to tell me that they necessary repair was outside the warranty but they repaired it without question. I was able to track the progress of my machine at their facility from receipt at Lenovo to repair progress update to the day it was shipped back to me.  They estimated that the computer would be shipped back to me in 7-10 days and it was shipped back to me in 10 days, exactly.  The computer works perfectly and as a bonus they even repaired the CD drive which was broken off   earlier.  Double bonus:  they even repaired it without wiping my hard-drive.


I feel that most large companies focus more about their product( regardless of whether the product actually works) and they seem to care less about making sure their customers are happy.  Apple, for example, offers abysmal service and support for most of their products unless you purchase their expensive extended warranty.  I own a Silhouette Cameo that I recently had issues with and had a less than satisfactory experience with their customer support line. (In fact, I could not ever get a live person on the phone when I called them, although they did return my call-eventually).  In contrast,  I was really impressed with Lenovo after this experience.  They did an outstanding job and made the process really painless for me, for which I am grateful.

Thanks, Lenovo!



No comments:

Post a Comment