Monday, February 1, 2016

Using Old Craft Supplies

I have been doing a lot of art journaling but feeling kind of uninsipred lately so I decided to focus a little on my first true love- rubber stamping and card making.  This really simple Valentine's Day card card is my first foray into card making in a couple of years.  I really like how it turned out. 

I created the background  by using watercoloring a piece of watercolor paper cut down to size.  Once the watercolor paper was THOROUGLY dry, I stamped the heart in clear embossing ink and embossed it with white embossing powder   The sentiment is a rub on. 





I really like the simplicity of the card.  I decided the card did not need ribbon, bling or any other embellishments.  The simplicity speaks for itself.  I could see adding three simple dots either in brown or crystal in one of the corners but nothing more than that.  I enjoyed making this card.


What is interesting to me about this card is that with the exception of the jar of embossing powder (Hero Arts 2015),  all of the supplies I used are super old!  The stamp is a PSX from 1995.  The rub ons are from the Joann's crafts essentials line, circa 2004-2006.  I don't even know if Joann's sells this line any more!  The watercolors are two sets I have has since at least 2009.   The watercolor background is mounted to a piece of cardstock from a pack purchased in 2011.




I have tried different watercolor media over the years and I repeatedly come back to these sets , which I love.  The rub ons work really well and even after all of these years, I was able to rub them on smoothly and cleanly.   My older supplies really came through for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment